Monday, December 12, 2011

Assignment #13- Your Favorite Paper

The essay I have enjoyed writing most in Writing I would have to be the Ad Analysis paper, however the Proving an Argument paper comes in a close second. The main reason why I enjoyed writing the Ad Analysis paper so much is because it is something that I strongly believe in, and I can also relate to it at an emotional and physical level. The ad that I choose to write about was an anti-smoking ad, which is pretty ironic since I myself am a smoker. However, being a smoker does not mean that I think there is nothing wrong with smoking. On the contrary, I am very against smoking. I wish I had never begun smoking in the first place, and my main goal is to quit the stupid addiction once and for all. This is why this paper only took me an hour to write, while the rest of my papers took much longer. All of the ideas about the ad were already in my head, and writing the paper was as easy as just switching my thoughts into actual words.

Since I have a personal experience with the topic, I believe I have the best credentials for writing this paper. Even though I smoke, I agree with everything that anti-smoking ads stand for. I am aware that smoking causes all sorts of problems from bronchitis to wrinkly skin. I am also well aware of how damaging it is to other people (whenever I smoke in public, I always move as far as possible from bystanders). But I am fighting this addiction with hopes of finally throwing that last cigarette away and not being held prisoner by the "need" (want) to smoke. This is why this paper was really enjoyable to write. I felt as though I was helping myself quit just by writing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment