At the beginning of the semester, I aspired to improve my abilities as a writer. When I compare myself now with how I was as a writer at the start of the semester, I can safely say that I have accomplished this goal. I have increased my rhetorical knowledge, improved on both my writing style and my writing process, and increased my love of writing. However, seeing as how I was expecting all of these improvements on my abilities since I am taking a college level English class for the first time, I was not too worried about accomplishing them. The one thing I did achieve even though I did not originally set it as a goal, is obtaining valuable personal experience. I have learned that in order to succeed, one must take every assignment seriously, and not procrastinate. By making the mistake of not giving English 101 my all, I have not received the grade I know I could have gotten. But I walk away from this knowing that in college, there is no such thing as slacking around. If you don't take anything serious, then you will not get the results you hope for. So as I continue my college career, I will always remember how I spent every night before a big due date writing my papers into the wee hours of the morning, and even now I am racing to beat the deadline for these blog posts. I will NEVER make the same mistakes I made this first semester.
Thanks for putting up with me Miss Spencer, you are an awesome teacher.
-Darien
You are welcome Darien. Yes, I imagine the lesson about not procrastinating is painfully evident to you now, as you write your seventh blog post for the evening.
ReplyDelete